Ziyech has improved, but rebuild means he has to go

Hakim Ziyech to permit Chelsea this window, and for me, it should not even be a dispute.

We have just signed three strikers in the shape of Mykhailo Mudryk, Joao Felix, and Noni Madueke. Our squad is now bloated, exceptionally in the attack. We cannot

roster them all currently in our Champions League squad, a player or two needs to be immolated (not physically). We are also probably signing 1/2 more players this window.

Until the World Cup, I think lovely much every Chelsea fan would have told yes to selling Ziyech, including the player himself (still believe he wants to leave now). But now, I’ve seen calm a few interrogating it off the back of a good World Cup and a few satisfactory games for Chelsea. He’s been great in spells, granted, but the inconsistencies are still clear to me.

We cannot sell Christian Pulisic this month because he has a long-term scratch and no club will buy him. So it has to be Ziyech I’m nervous. As I’ve said, I totally 

treasure what he does bring, and when he’s on it, he’s fire. But he’s not on it anywhere near enough for me, and the fact remains that Chelsea needs to trim this now bloated squad for many reasons, one being FFP.

I wonder as well, is anyone asking whether he is in good form for Chelsea right now because 

happen he is playing for a move? It’s just a question, I’m not concluding him, and I do not know fully what is in his head as of far now. But he knows that if he plays better he will get more options and choices, and more clubs accommodating to pay his high pay.

I do like the wrestle he has shown in the last 

pair of games and his perspective cannot be questioned in terms of 

potency and 

crucifixion. I’ve seen that I recognize that, and I applaud that. I will never have any ill feelings toward him at all. But I do believe that he should have been sold in the season, and should be sold now.

I don’t see any other choice than to let him go should we collect a half-

satisfactory offer. I think right now, he could still go out with his head held high, so I say all of this with the utmost respect to him.

He’s always been the near man in his Chelsea career, and yes, maybe a lot of that is because he played out of position at times, maybe some of it was the Lukaku drama affecting him, his head dropping when he wasn’t starting games or many other things. But whatever the cause, it has never fully worked out for Ziyech at Chelsea, and the time is still 

valid for the two to part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfect chance for Chelsea to restart the season

Chelsea’s new owners serious about midfield rebuild

Italian journalist calls Victor Osimhen “a brilliant madman”