Manchester United’s controversial goal sparks debate in the football community

The football society is in an uproar following Manchester United’s derby day win over City.

City went ahead in the 60th minute as Jack Grealish came off the seat to head them into the lead but United dug heavy to come back.

United’s equalizer by Bruno Fernandes was initially ruled out for offside against Marcus Rashford but VAR overturned the on-field decision.

Two minutes later, Rashford scored the winner and at the final whistle, the City players surrounded the referee to protest about that equalizer.

In the BT studio, Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes recapitulated the rules, explaining why the goal stood.

The drama didn’t end there though, as the players continued to moan in their post-match discussion alongside Pep Guardiola who told, “We know who we play, we know where we play.”

In the Final Score studio, Martin Keown and Rachel Brown-Finnis agreed with Guardiola with Keown telling, “I think he’s right… it 

assuredly

contrived the goalkeeper, Ederson comes out to contract with the on-dashing Rashford and he leaves it for Fernandes. VAR didn’t look at the goalkeeper.”

After the match, City defender Akanji raved, “To be polite the first goal is a joke, that is allowed like this. I saw Rashford, he was plainly offside, so I played him offside. He runs up for the last second and he stops when the ball is in front of him and he’s right in front of Eddy, ready to score the goal because Bruno Fernandes is howling at him.”

Rashford defended himself and the goal succeeding in the match saying, “I thought I went a bit 

timely so I didn’t run. If I ran for the ball I would have just taken it or shot or passed. I thought I was offside so I didn’t hold the ball. That’s all I can do in that condition and then it’s up to the referee and linesman. In my opinion, I wasn’t involved in the play. I felt like it should have nestled.”

Ten Hag

revealed that if that conclusion had

happened and he was on the losing side, he would not be happy, “I could see on the other side that it confused the backline, that was clear. It is also the rule. I wouldn’t be cherry if it was my team as well if we accepted a goal like this. I can see the disappointment on the other side, but I can also see the referee did well.”

The rest of the football community weighed in, with Petr Cech taking to Twitter to say, “The first United goal just proved the people who make the rules don’t understand the game.”

Regardless of the uproar, Manchester United won’t be bothered as they took all three points and obtained swaggering rights over their proximate.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfect chance for Chelsea to restart the season

Chelsea’s new owners serious about midfield rebuild

Italian journalist calls Victor Osimhen “a brilliant madman”